Monday, June 1, 2015

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

I know I absolutely loathe article promotion. It's horrible. I avoid it whenever possible. So when I find something where I can "set it and forget it," (apologies to Ron Popeil) I'm delighted!

IFTTT (If This Then That, pronounced like "gift" without the initial g) is an automation tool for the web, your cell phone, and much more. If you go to IFTTT.com, you can "set and forget" lots of things, but the best is social media. Now I've written about this elsewhere at length, but you can stack IFTTT and Buffer to make a very powerful social media promotion that you never have to think about ever again (until the internet changes dramatically). When Pinterest allows IFTTT then we will all be able to take a vacation! (Buffer does allow it, now, but you have to pay. I'm not making enough money yet to pay.)

Unfortunately, if you're like me, and have multiple social media accounts, you'll have to sign up for IFTTT using multiple email addresses, one for each account. With four Twitter accounts, that's a bit of a hassle, but hey, it's better than tweeting my links all day every day (actually even cleaning my oven is better than that).

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Don't waste your time spamming, because you'll also be wasting my time deleting your comment. Thank you.